Sunday 7 October 2012

Still Here!

It's been a long time since I posted but I'm still here !

Why the silence?
I guess I have read a lot of blogs that post continually just for the sake of generating more content even if they are too busy to put some thought into their writing or just have nothing to say.
I have thought about this and would like to be as mindful and true as I possibly can to my readership.

-

....Yes I have been busy...

Whats been going on?
The pile of wood I have been working on that you have seen in past posts has gone from huge to something that you can see from space!
 Now most of the cut and split wood is stacked and seasoning.



There is still tons of wood to cut in the bush from trees that fell in the storm but finally I am starting to make some noticable headway on my clean up project and have made a few years worth of wood to burn as well.

Moose hunting has come and gone. 



My effort to shoot a moose with traditional archery equipment still continues...
There were two close calls with a moose this year within 30 yards of me in thick cover but no shot opportunities. 
I am still eager to take a moose with a wood bow...
A quote by Dr. Saxton Pope made in 1923 on the subject of fair chase encapsulates my feelings...
"The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport"

And finally something I have not spoken much about so far in my blog...Trapping.
I have been reluctant in the past to post about trapping because of the great stigma that this heritage practice suffers from do to misunderstanding and prejudice.
I am a trapper and yes I have been out trapping.


Some friends called me after I got home from Moose hunting with a beaver problem that needed some attention.
It's been a full week of cuting trails, setting traps, and pelting beavers...
-
I see this blog as an ongoing doccumentary of my life...

Life is about the hunt in so many ways!

-Martin



2 comments:

Astrid said...

right on for speaking your mind! love you

xoxo

Astrid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.