Monday 17 December 2012

Christmas?

Christmas is coming!
For me this is a time of year for reflection. As the snow builds on the ground my environment becomes more and more insular.  Walks in the woods are serene, almost silent and visitors to the house are fewer and fewer as weather becomes bad for driving.
This is my time to think back about the year that has past and the year yet to come...
I revel in the serenity of the season!
A time for me to hibernate at home and cook game and read book after book.
A time to enjoy the wood I have cut burning in the fire...warming my house and heart.

This year warm weather however has thrown a nix in my seasonal routine!
The snow, try as it may has not yet arrived. This mornings weather is full of fog and rain. 
Making the best of the situation I decided to revisit an old tradition of bringing my daughter to "See Santa" with a modern twist.

A forty minute drive from my house there is a town where Christmas has a different meaning....
An after dark visit to this somewhat bizarre landscape provided for a fun evening!





By day you would never know this environment exists....
All of the inflated hot air fabric sculptures are turned off causing them to collapse flat on the ground and the lights are turned off...but the evening reveals this"magical christmas wonderland"
Complete with a santa who drops his pants!
Ho Ho Ho!

-Martin






1 comment:

Astrid said...

Awe how sweet! Love this pops

Astrid xo