Monday 4 April 2011

"What I Wore"


Flashlights and Arrows is less than two weeks old and has been quite a learning experience for me. Prior to starting on this adventure I didn't really know what a blog was or how one worked... I haven't seen many blogs, so I have just been designing this site from scratch. So far I have encountered a few interesting problems that are slowly working themselves out. One is the fact that my original  intention was to create a dialogue that was as much about experience as it is about objects...this I think will work itself out over time. Another relates to my lack of sophistication when it comes to the computer...I think this too will work itself out in time.

Today is a blustery day outside. It's overcast and raining. I have already lost electricity once -this happens often where I live....very isolated and rural. This morning I have had to adjust my blogging plans because I have been photographing my collections on a white table by the window and today the light is very poor. When I am done with this post I am going to have a look in the shop for materials to make a light tent so I won't need to check the forecast before preparing to post.

The image above is a typical chain store catalogue page from the 50's with a nice selection of outdoor items. When the weather improves I may revisit this image with some examples of some of  my own vintage gear .

I titled this post "What I Wore" because I do often wear clothes that seem to have come out of a 50's ad like the one above (albeit very well worn, faded, and sometimes patched)  and also because "What I Wore" seems a common theme out there in the blogosphere.  I doubt though if my idea of fashion is shared by many.

-Martin

No comments: