Sunday 17 July 2011

Searching for Coleman

So where was I on Flashlight Friday?
Out at yard sales while driving north on an errand.
The errand was the mission but the yard sales were an added bonus that I built into the the task.
The big score of the day were a few old Coleman lanterns that I found along the way.



This is one of the most beautiful lanterns I have ever seen!
I am teaching myself how to take them apart and restore them.




If you look close you will see that one of the burner tubes is broken off. 
I need to figure out how to replace it.



Here is whats called a "Sunrise Mark" on the lantern tank or "Fount"
See the stamping 27    6 
This means that this lantern was made in 1927 in June


Here is another lantern. 
I don't know if the red top or "Ventilator" is original.


I think this one was made in Feb. 1929?

Now that I know the dates that these lanterns were made I can find out what models they were and look for their schematics online.

"Hunt to live....Live to Hunt"

-Martin



No comments: