Friday 19 August 2011

Flashlight Friday

Yes its Flashlight Friday again!
To change things up a bit not only am I going to feature an new flashlight but I am going to
reveal my new method for cleaning rust.
This flashlight you see below was given to me tarnished and rusted. 
I proceeded to disassemble it and put it through my home made "electro bath" before polishing.
This "bath" for cleaning rust has to be one of the best things I have ever discovered how to make on the Internet ever!
By immersing rusted parts in this tub with a water and laundry soda mix.  rust can be removed electrolytically. Rust is turned into iron and just washes off!
I made this setup with a piece of rebar, a battery charger, a plastic tub and some lengths of copper wire!
The "Delta Powerhead" lantern went through it in parts which were dried and polished with
moms mag polish





You can see the reflection of my  camera in this  shot!

No comments: