Tuesday 24 January 2012

Waiting....


Over a year ago I ordered a new Bear Takedown Recurve bow from Bear Archery in the United States.
I don't own many new things in part because I prefer old things that have been used ... have provenance and character and in part because I live a humble life that does not revolve around shopping.
It's a choice I have made that has provided me with a very full and rich life  outside of the traditional flow of consumerism.
Yes we all do need to buy things in the society we live in but when we purchase fewer things, I firmly believe, the things we do buy are more meaningful. 
This bow was going to be a special treat. 
A bow that I can grow old with.
Something that I had saved long and hard for. 
A decision well thought through...
An item of both  beauty and utility.


Over a year ago my bow order was backordered. 
I have been waiting patiently for it ever since....

Yesterday I received a phone call from a courier company who had my bow and wanted to come out and deliver it to me. 

How exciting!

Today, in a hard snow squall,  the driver climbed up the stairs to my house with my anxiously awaited package.

Wouldn't you know it though....Bear had shipped the wrong item!
I had to refuse the delivery without even opening the box. 


Here is a picture of my delivery.

Patience is a virtue...possess it if you can.

-Martin



No comments: