Wednesday 18 January 2012

The quiet of the night


Its late....very late
Close to three in the morning and I've just got back to the house
after taking the dogs out to do their business. I think one of them ate something  out in the bush
that is causing her stomach a bit of grief. The temperature outside is a crisp -10 below zero and its snowing again.  Yesterday it was raining though and last weekend it was -27 and Im not even going to guess what the weather will bring in a few days. 
This winter the weather has been especially unsettled....


A newly purchased thermometer / weather station now sits on the china cabinet 
beside some old Thermos flasks, a railway signal mans flashlight and the clock.
The house is now quiet with two snoring dogs. I can hear the wind howling outside and the weather station is flashing a prediction of snow for the next 12 hours.
Fine weather to stay inside a read.
The dogs will be up again in three hours with the sun...
I think I will stoke up the fire before I try to get some sleep.

-Martin





No comments: