Monday 9 May 2011

And so it begins....

Last weekend marked the true arrival of spring .... a good number of garage sales advertised in the weekend paper.  Its a joyous time of the year when I can "hunt and gather"  material needs and wants.
Here is my  "saturday score" . I have always been interested in canning and "putting food by" at the end of the growing season....here is what I found.....




Its a 30 Quart Pressure Canner made by All American.
The retail price for a new one seems to be around $300 but mine cost $5 !!!
You can process 19 pint jars or 14 quart jars in it at once!
More jars  and some good pressure canning recipes are the next thing I have to find.

-Martin

3 comments:

Astrid said...

good score daddy! Don't forget my score of pyrex dishes for $3!! :D
xox

a blog about the little things said...

I didn't score anything as cool as a 30 QT pressure canner or a bunch of Pyrex - but I did get a bag full of vintage slides (holidays in Europe & the States) & a vintage projector. Now I need to figure out how to use the projector so I can view all the slides! :)

a blog about the little things said...

oh! I nearly forgot - I also picked up a shoe-shining box like the one you gave me a while ago (which I adore!) - but the one I got had the original shoe-shining kit inside! Stinky stuff, but so cool!