Friday 6 May 2011

A glimmer of light from an old friend!

It's flashlight friday again. 
 It seems like a long time has passed since I last posted. 
Life has been busy with working in the bush cutting wood for next winter,  the arrival of a second dog, visiting with friends and turkey hunting. 
Yes turkey hunting, which has me waking up at 4:30 am. daily to head out into the dark forest and set up my decoys, ready to call birds at daylight.  
This morning I watched as a hen turkey skirted around my hen decoys at a field edge. Gobbling Toms (mature males) called loudly in the distance but wouldn't respond to my calls, so I just sat and reflected on the beautiful and quiet early morning.
It's been a bit grey around here since my good friend passed this last month, but yesterday I saw a glimmer of light. What was it that caused this glimmer? It was the beautiful flashlight you see below that my old friend Dermot sent as a gift to share with you this flashlight friday!
There was no description in the package mailed to me, so I looked it up at the flashlight museum (well worth an online visit) but couldn't find a listing.  
Digging deeper it seems this light is German, Daimon light,  circa some time after the 40's
It has a single battery in it which seems to be Swedish. The fish eye lens it has was typical of older handheld lantern style lights. 






-Martin

1 comment:

a blog about the little things said...

What an intriguing looking flashlight - I've never seen one with that type of fisheye lens before. Love the Swedish battery; makes it have an even higher level of awesomeness! I'll want to take a peek at that bad boy when I come up & visit. xo