Friday 6 April 2012

Forest Food

It's Good Friday and the snow in the bush is mostly gone now...
As the ground warms the forest floor is slowly starting to come alive... 
This transitional time marks the beginning of wild leek season....
Yesterday I went over to a new friends house for a walk in his Forest
I have eaten a lot of food from the forest but have never picked wild leeks!


Andrew showed me how to identify leeks on the forest floor and pick them properly.
Here is a bunch that he sent me home with.


This afternoon I am going to bake some wild leek bread!

-Martin




2 comments:

Astrid said...

Sounds like me and you will have to go for a walk and pick out some of these yummies!

xox

Judy said...

I picked some this afternoon too! I can't imagine a more appropriate dish for Easter dinner.