Tuesday 10 April 2012

Words of Wisdom

Today the weather has been all over the map starting sunny and cool transitioning to rain and cool and now...
 its snowing outside intermittently...
I know its a bit early, but craving some greens to eat,  a few days ago 
lettuce and beet seeds were planted in the garden on a hunch the spring is here for good...
Time will tell if this hunch was a good one ...
Here are some  of the six rhubarb crowns I just transplanted too...a gift from a friends garden.


I have tried to transplant rhubarb unsuccessfully in the past.
An old couple I met in a donut shop last winter told me outright that my previous efforts were flawed because...
 "you have to throw your transplanted rhubarb in sheep shit"
Words of Wisdom?
I will let you know in a few weeks...

-Martin




No comments: