Monday 16 April 2012

Nomad Dreams

Everyone has a dream...
Some are larger than others...
Some dreams are achievable and some are not...
A long time dream of mine has been to own a trailer...
A mobile space of my own that I can move on a whim...

Here is a project that I found on the instructables
(a favourite website of mine that I have mentioned before)

photo credit paleotool.com
This interesting trailer 
was built by an interesting fellow who has a blog called
I find the design very practical, appealing, and simple...
Form following function...
It is built on the frame of an older covered utility trailer.


Here is a newer covered utility trailer...
I am on the lookout for an older trailer to use for a platform to build my own trailer... 
Where does the spirit to create such a wonderful creation come from?


and also


for a link to 
some authors and ideas...

-Martin


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin,
Thanks for the kind words and the link. Good luck on your build.

George (a.k.a. paleotool)

Mel said...

Hi Martin!

If I squint real hard, I could almost imagine that as a gypsy caravan... what a cool idea. Nice and cozy for you and Michele! ;o)

Martin said...

Not only is the result of this trailer build amazing but check out the origins of its design...

http://paleotool.com/tag/gypsy-wagon/

George (a.K.a. paleotool) draws influence from "the Rudge" and its trailer as well as a Van Gogh painting. The modern gypsy movement in Europe is cited too...

Aesthetic/Form is closely tied to function...the entire trailer is full of purpose...even its contents are well thought out....